Saturday, May 19, 2012

Wobble Baby

This card is for the Action Wobble challenge at Wobble Wednesday.  This week's challenge is to do a baby item (card, LO, party favor, etc.).  I actually made 2 cards this week, but I didn't get pictures of the other card before my daughter took it to a shower for a friend of hers.  I used the same DCWV paper stack (8x8 Nana's Nursery baby girl stack) for both cards. The other one had a monkey on it (theme of the shower) instead of a onesie.   The solid green and pink are from a Martha Stewart 8x8 pack.  The onesie was cut from the Cricut Sampler cartridge at 3 1/2"


The card base is a piece of plain white card stock cut in half so it is 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  The corners were rounded using my corner chomper.  The green was cut 1/2" shorter on each side and the striped piece was cut 1/2" shorter in height, but 1/4" shorter in width.  The green piece was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.  The squirrel was punched from another piece of paper in the same stack.  I inked around the card and squirrel with MS inks.  The  squirrel is on a piece of foam tape.  The onesie is on an Action Wobble.  The buttons are from Wal-Mart and the stamp is from Hampton Arts (I think).  I had a little trouble with the stamp, but it didn't turn out too awful.  (I'm used to using firmer stamps and pushed down a little hard on one end.) The rosette is a piece of scrap ribbon that has stitching down both sides (we all have it).  I pulled the thread on one side from both ends and tied it together to make the flower and glued a button in the middle.  I used Scotch Quick Dry glue and my pink ATG as adhesives.  I stamped two little diaper pins and punched them out with the same MS scalloped circle punch as the squirrel and attached them to the inside of the card.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card. The colors are perfect together and that little Squirrel is sweet. Great job putting it together.

    Have a great day!
    Wobble, wobble,
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete