Friday, May 4, 2012

Owl challenge at Getting Cricky

 The most recent Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky was to use an owl and something recycled.  I used one of the stamps from the Hooty Owls image stamp sets by KAndrew Designs for the owl.  I stamped it twice, once on the kraft paper and once on a scrap of handmade paper.  I cut the wings and belly from the handmade paper and glued it to the kraft paper with Scotch quick dry adhesive.  There are tiny heat-set gems in the eyes and Glossy Accents on the belly feathers.  It was cut out using a spellbinders die and inked around with distress ink.  The corrugated cardboard is a piece ripped from a box.  The brown cord is hemp from WalMart.  The background paper is from an Provo Craft stack of misc. types of paper.  The sentiment stamp is from another KAndrew design set, Of Mice and Lil Men.  I tried it on a scrap first as I wasn't sure how it would stamp on this paper.  I liked the way it showed the texture of the paper through the ink so I went ahead and stamped directly on the paper with brown distress ink.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  They are so pretty and arrived quickly and in really good shape.  They are really reasonably priced, too.  

Here's closeup below so you can see the owl a little better.


(P.S. - I changed font size because it looked tiny on my computer when I posted it.  If this is too big on your computer, would someone let me know?  Thanks)

2 comments:

  1. I love the box ripped up! It really adds some fun dimension to the card. The owl is adorable. Lovely card. Thanks for joining in the Simply Sunday Challenge fun at Getting Cricky!

    Heather
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to hop over and say hello! and of course I was so excited to see that we both LOVE ripped cardboard! :) how cool is that!? Your owl is ca-ute, and your card is really adorable!

    ReplyDelete