Thursday, July 28, 2011

Whimsical melon

The challenge this week at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday, the challenge is to make a project with a melon. I used the Simply Charmed cartridge to make the melon. I originally cut it at 3" but it was way too big for the card. This melon is 2 1/2". The melon paper is Colorbok, the polka dots is Making Memories and the plaid is from a DCWV self-adhesive pack I picked up at Ross for $$3.99 (they had some cute things a few weeks ago). The punches I used were both Martha Stewart. The sentiment is from K Andrew Designs Positive Thoughts stamp set. She just came out with 2 new sets, so check those out while you're there;) I used some Stickles to add a little bling. I also put the melon on an Action Wobble which definitely adds the whimsy! I tried to upload a video but it didn't work (uploaded but wouldn't play, alas). Oh well, moving on....it's a simple summery card. Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. The watermelon and face are just adorable! Great choice of paper and I love the corner punch you used.
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at FCCB!
    Sabrina
    http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love your card! The papers are great -- don't you just LOVE those Ross bargains...?! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB this week.

    Jessica
    FCCB DT
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love your card! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO adorable! Your papers are fantastic and I love the pinks that bring out those rosy cheeks! Great card!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete