Saturday, May 21, 2011

Retro Daddy card


This card was made for the Retro Daddy Simply Sunday challenge at 'Getting Cricky' with KAndrew. She said we could use anything, so I did. I found the image on a blog that has vintage images. Naturally I didn't write down the blog address, sorry about that. The card is 5 1/2" x 4". I printed the image (about 3"x4") on white cardstock and inked the edges with Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink. The circle was the center from a card I cut on my Cricut (from the Wildcard cartridge, I think). The background paper is from the DCWV Natural matstack. I love that stack and will probably end up getting another one next time I go to JoAnn's. The brads are from my stash, most likely from JoAnn's. (Our local store closed about 5 years ago and I got tons of that type of stuff during their sale.) The corners of the picture were rounded with my Corner Chomper. I printed the sentiment on my computer and inked as well. I should have added "shape and" in the top part but it was too late by the time I thought about it. Oh well, oops... I actually put a little paper on the inside with the printed sentiment.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wowzers. Thsa is fabulous. I love the clowns, very cool design
    Great job
    Thanks for playing along on our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky
    Hugs
    Brenda Getting Cricky DTM-Coordinator
    Http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, I love the paper you used. Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs,
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete