Monday, June 16, 2014

Sketch challenge


 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!



Challenge #215 Sketch Challenge

This Weeks Sponsor

Online Card Classes
~This Weeks Challenge~
Sketch Challenge
Create a project inspired by the sketch below:


To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.

I actually did this project twice. As you may know by now, I did succumb to the allure of the Cricut Explore. I really am enjoying it immensely, it's adding a whole new spin on my card making. I cheated just a bit and made an SVG file for the sketch so the Cricut cut all of the pieces for me, it was great!!


The paper for this card is from Recollections and 7 Gypsies. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. I haven't written with my Explore much but I did manage to with this card. The kraft colored paper is embossed with a Spellbinders embossing folder. The butterfly is from the Heritage cartridge.



I used the same cut file for the sketch for this card, just changed out the embellishment on the top..
The paper for this one came from the Prima Rosarian collection (6 x 6 pad). The stamp is from the Tim Holtz "Seamless Experience" set. The rose is a Cricut image, I just forgot to check which cartridge it was on (dang that subscription!).

4 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, I like the neutral colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so pretty-how neat you made the svg from the sketch! Love the butterfly & that rose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful cards! I love that you've done two very different, but gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pair of card love the warm earth tones on the first one! Your DT Sister Pam

    ReplyDelete