Thursday, March 28, 2013

Positive Thursday - work in progress...

Happy Thursday! I can't believe how fast Spring break has gone:/... On a happier note, today is my design team day at Getting Cricky! I ventured into the world of the "tube mini". Most of the time these are done with toilet paper tubes, but I used paper towel rolls because I wanted to mess around with the size a little. The theme is a kind of inspiration/affirmation thing which I really need heading into the last part of the school year and major "testing season".


 Each of these "pages" is about 1/4" shorter than the one behind it which you can see better in the picture below. The papers are a conglomeration of different brands and styles, I think there's MME, Cosmo Cricket, etc. The sentiments are from the K Andrew Designs Positive Thoughts stamp set. It is sold out at the moment, but I will include a picture of it below. There are still stamps available for up to 60% off so head over there and see if there's something you might like! 



Two of the tags inside were made from regular scrapbook paper, and two are DCWV chalkboard paper. My thought is to stamp and embellish some, and attach some chalk or a chalk pencil to the book and be able to write quotes or thoughts on the tags as they come up.

The gorgeous ribbon on the spine was a prize/RAK from Becky at Squirly Girl Creations, she's such a sweetheart! It was weird, really, I picked the papers and ribbon all happened to match them all. The green border was punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The seam binding is from Wild Orchid Crafts.


As promised, here's a picture of the stamp set I used.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and Happy Easter to those who celebrate!



1 comment:

  1. This is so fabulous, Lynn!! What an awesome idea for a mini!! I love the design!! Happy Easter to you and your family :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete