Monday, December 3, 2012

25 Days of Christmas Day 3



Welcome to Day 3 of the 25 Days of Christmas at My Paper Crafting. The theme today was "pretty poinsettias, pine cones or presents." I incorporated both the pine cone and the poinsettia into my quick little card.



I used the Joys of the Season Cricut cartridge for all of the cuts on this card. The paper is a mix of things that I've had around for a while. The base paper is from a Recollections pack from last year and is pre-embossed. I sanded it to make the trees stand out more. The ornament has the "poinsettia" part of the card. It is hanging from the branch so I had to make it double sided. I used the "flip" feature on the Cricut and cut 2 at 1". I put double stick tape between the two pieces and sandwiched them together then I sprinkled red glitter over the tape on both sides to make the flower stand out. It is made from a piece of gold metallic paper from an old Martha Stewart stack. The twine is MS as well. 

I hope you are all enjoying the projects at My Paper Crafting. Make sure you check back in there every day till Christmas to see all of the great things the designers and guests have created!


7 comments:

  1. Love your card! I love the paper you used for your pinecone, it gives the illusion of depth and texture! Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Lynn! Perfect paper choice for your pine cone! Loving the embossed/sanded look on your background paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paper you used for the pinecone. It is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!! The paper you used for the pine cone is perfect!! What an awesome card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card!! Love the embossed Christmas tree backing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ho clever to take the pre-embossed paper and sand it! I love that look. Makes me think of my days in Michigan....back home. Thank you so much for sharing your gifts n' talents with us!
    -Melin

    ReplyDelete