Tuesday, November 4, 2014

DT day at My Cricut Craftroom


The theme for today was everyday. I took that to a bit of a different place and created this card. I found something similar on Pinterest and scraplifted it with several changes. 

Front
I used a flower from the Don Juan cartridge for the front and the inside. I love how you can take one simple image and do so many different things with it when you use the Explore! I cut the original flower for the base (reflected), and then used the slice feature to cut off the stem for the top flower layer. I know I could have just cut it off, but I'm still learning so I like to try new things when I can. 

Inside

For the inside I reduced the image size and changed it to writing. I like that it continues the image inside the card without adding bulk. I inked around the front and inside rectangles with Vintage Photo Distress ink.



Here is a closeup of the flower center. I cut a black circle the size of the center and glued it to the flower. It looked a little plain, so I decided to try some Glossy Accents. It was good, but the card seemed to need a bit more color. I added some micro-beads to the glossy accents. It was kind of cool, they just sunk right in and made a lumpy flower center. I decided to add another layer of Glossy Accents to get a smoother appearance. I think this will have to happen a few more times before I tire of it and move on to something new.


I hope everyone has a great day! 

Here's the product information for this card:
Recollections solid color card stock
Micro-beads from my stash
Tombow mono-multi liquid adhesive
ATG gun and 1/4" tape
Glossy Accents
American Crafts Precision pen/black
Cricut pen/silver
Pearls from Recollections
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
KI Memories Berry Blast patterned paper





No comments:

Post a Comment