Tuesday, October 21, 2014

MCCR - Retro



Today's theme at My Cricut Craft Room is Retro. I used a couple of images from the Nifty Fifties cartridge to create this card. I am really enjoying the new slice feature on Design Space. It's been fun to play with and is allowing me to add dimension to my cards in different ways.


I also used the writing feature on this card. I used an American Crafts purple marker, and the font from the Billionaire cartridge, to create the sentiment.

You can see some of the dimension on these two shots.


I cut the background from the tennis shoe image out of the middle of the solid card stock using the slice feature, then changed the color of the paper so I could cut that piece from the patterned paper. It was nice to not have to re-size things, just cut. I have the pink piece left from the front and will insert that on the inside of the card. I ended up with more negative space than a pile of piece stacked on top of each other. Kind of cool. Hope everyone has a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment