Monday, September 1, 2014

MCCR - Use Red Only


Welcome to my second design team day at My Cricut Craft Room. The theme today was to use only use red. Ok, I'm going to let you in on a little secret... I had no intention of doing a Christmas card for this project but life had other ideas. It was a long week at school and I didn't get my project done when I had planned so I decided to use a "make it now" project in Design Space for my original project. I edited it and made it look like I wanted, went to cut and got the message that it "is not yet available for purchase". Why is it there if you can't make it?? I was running way behind schedule so along came Santa. 



This is a picture of Design Space as it is in the cutting phase (in case you don't have an Explore).


I used Recollections solid color card stock for the papers. I find it cuts really well in the Explore. Santa is from the A Quilted Christmas cartridge and the ovals are from My Quiet Book. I don't own either of the carts, but I still have the subscription so I am able to access them. I used the Darice embossing folder below on the white oval and embossed some snowflakes on the background paper using a Hampton Arts snowflake stamp, VersaMark ink and some glitter embossing powder.


This is the inside of the card. I used Fired Brick Distress Ink and another Hampton Arts (I think) stamp for the sentiment. The strip is the two colors of red from the front of the card. This card opens at the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment