Monday, July 21, 2014

Wet and Wild

Welcome to another Challenge Me Monday...


 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!



Challenge #220 Wet and Wild

This Weeks Sponsor
Winner will receive 3 Digis
~This Weeks Challenge~
Wet and Wild
Create a project related to water

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.

For my card this week I used Cricut Design Space and an image from the Fun in the Sun cartridge.


I cut the image at 4 1/4" wide (almost too wide). The water is sprayed with a glimmer spritz in plain silvery color. I sprayed the suit with Lindy's Stamp Gang Buccaneer Brown spray for a little extra color and shine. The clouds were embossed with a Darice embossing folder. I decided, after much testing of inks, to emboss the sentiment. It doesn't show very well in the picture but I don't want it to stand out too much.

I did a little experiment this week and cut images for 6 different cards all at the same time using the same papers. It will be interesting to see how they all turn out. It is fun to do some new and different things in Design Space. I don't own the cartridge I used but can use the image since I have the subscription for now. Here is one of the others.


This one is embossed with a different folder. I sprayed the umbrella piece with gold spray this time and stamped the sentiment in blue. 

I will be posting more this week so stay tuned!!

Recipe of items used:
Fun in the Sun Cricut cartridge
Recollections card stock
Darice cloud embossing folder
Lindy's Stamp Gang Buccaneer Brown spray
Stephanie Barnard (Colorbox) white ink
Recollections embossing powder
Versamark ink
KAndrew Designs sentiment (no longer in production)

2 comments:

  1. This is super! I really like the solid yellow background behind the image and the texture from the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lynn I really like how you used a yellow background and a cloud embossing folder. The image is super and looks like it cut beautifully with the explore. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L. DT member for FCC
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete