Sunday, April 8, 2012
The current challenge at A Day For Daisies is to use found paper, not paper from your stash. I used some tissue paper that was in a Christmas gift. I crumpled it more than it was and sprayed it with Art Co. glitter spray in gold and copper. I heat set it so it would dry quickly. It looks a little bit purple in person (less pink than the picture) so I backed the image with some purple vellum. The flower was made from a scrap of the tissue as well. To place the image, I twisted the tissue paper and taped the image to it. The tissue flattened a little in the photography process, but it would in an envelope so I just left it. I colored the image with Promarkers (blush, tan, ivory, sandstone, baby pink, lemon, ice grey 1). The background was embossed with a Darice embossing folder (swirls I think). I like the size of them, but it didn't leave quite as deep an emboss as some of the other folders I've used. The sentiment is from the "Fashionable Friends" K Andrew designs stamp set. The ink used for the sentiment and around the image is Distress Ink.