Monday, July 25, 2016

Birthday Theme at BBTB2


This week our Bitten by the Bug 2 DT sister, Laurie, is having a birthday so she chose that as the theme of the week. Happy Birthday!!

My project is every bit as much an experiment as it is a birthday card. I decided I wanted to create my own "boxcard" type card using a different shape. I picked this cute flower pot from the Serenade image set, duplicated it and then addedsome rectangles on the sides to create the box part. It should fold, but I'm not sure what size envelope it would fit into.  The flowers are from the My Quiet Book image set and the birthday balloon is from Thoughts and Phrases - Good Times. 

After the horrible time I had with blue paper on my Dory card I decided to take advantage of the Cricut sale and ordered some of their blue paper. I'm pretty happy with it so far. The yellow is also Cricut paper and it cut that intricate "happy birthday" very nicely. I will play with the blue more later in the week to see if it does well on some of the more detailed cuts.

As always there are beautiful projects on the BBTB2 blog. Come join us and add yours!

3 comments:

  1. Very clever to use the flower pot shape to create the box card! It turned out great! Good for you to create something new!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. so creative to make your own box card - probably goes together a lot faster than the others out there. Adorable and so pretty - I smell the flowers from here. p.s. love the Alaska pictures - a helicopter ride over a glacier sounds awesome. We were there twice, and I loved it. only we hiked the glacier.

    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so clever to make your own box card! I labored over a tutorial for the one I made recently. This is darling!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete