Monday, August 10, 2015

Let them eat cake

Melanie's challenge this week at Bitten by the Bug 2 is to make a project with a birthday cake. I used an image from "Tie the Knot" for my cake. I liked all of the designs on the frosting.


The background vellum layer is from Paper Lace 2.


There is such a difference when you photograph cards against different backgrounds. This one is closer to the actual pinks, but the black looks better on the top one. Weird, huh.


This is the inside of the card, so there is no mistaking that it's for a birthday.

I had a couple of technical difficulties that changed some things a bit this week. First, my Explore would not cut the background of the cards correctly. It told me to contact customer service, but they weren't open while I was making it so I improvised and cut the back with my paper cutter so it's straight. I also updated to Windows 10 and lost my photo editing software as it was a download many years ago, and I can't find my backup disk. It has been a bit frustrating.



5 comments:

  1. Truly love this card from the inside out! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Lynn!! The cake is great. And I so love the vellum layer. The colors are great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your birthday card. It is as awesome on the inside as it is on the outside! What a fun surprise when you open it up. I forget to use these pop ups. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful birthday card, Lynn. Love the cake on the cover, the great background cut, and the colors. And then the surprise on the inside!! Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete