Monday, May 11, 2015

May Flowers at FCCB

Welcome to another Challenge Me Monday...



Challenge #251 May Flowers
Make a project using flowers!

This Weeks Sponsor:



To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.


I made several cards this week for the flower challenge. I am intending to use these as notes of encouragement to some friends who are going through some life changes. My first card is made with an image from the Botanicals image set. I wanted to do a CAS card with a little twist.


I sliced the flower from the stem and kept both parts. I duplicated the flower part and made it a bit larger. I sliced the flower from the background paper so I could add some dimension. 


I embossed the white background paper with an Anna Griffin Cuttlebug folder and attached it to the card with foam tape. I glued the stem directly onto the card, and put the flower into the negative space with some thicker foam tape so it's a bit taller. I went over the flower and stem with clear Wink of Stella for a little sparkle. All of the colored paper is Recollections, by the way.

I did something similar with these cute chevron flowers from SVG Attic. You can find them here (they were only $0.99). The leaves are from the Picturesque image set.


I tried a "flat" one for this card. I don't like it as much as the ones with the dimension, but it would be easy to mail.


Thank you for stopping by. Please remember to come play with us at FCCB, I can't wait to see what you come up with.








1 comment: