Monday, April 21, 2014

Bunny Challenge


 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!



Challenge #207 Easter or use a Bunny

This Weeks Sponsor
Aurora Wings Etsy Store

Winner will receive $10 in digital images
~This Weeks Challenge~
Easter
Create a project using a bunny or an Easter project

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.

I made a mixed media project this week. I need to practice this a LOT more, but they are a lot of fun.


I used this cute little digi from Aurora Wings called the Sleepy Bunny Elf. They have some really great digi's in the Etsy store, check them out! I love using digital stamps because you can make them almost any size you want. This canvas is 5" x 7" and I could have made the digi fill the whole thing if I wanted. I colored it with Spectrum Noir markers for the skin and Promarkers for the rest. The Cricut cartridge I used was Pooh and Friends. The moon was cut at 1 3/4", the stars at 1 1/4". The grass pieces were cut at 1 1/4" and 1 1/2". 

I put modeling paste on the canvas through a stencil and let it dry. When it dried I dry brushed the purple and blue over the paste. I used some satin Mod Podge to put on some white tissue with glitter. There is glossy accents on the moon. One of the grass pieces is on a double layer of foam tape. The digi is on a single layer of tape. I used my Dymo label maker for the sentiment. It didn't want to stay down, even with glue.

Have a great week everyone!





2 comments: