Monday, September 23, 2013

Going Places at Fantabulous Cricut

Welcome!!
Today at Fantabulous Cricut we are all going places and making projects showcasing ways to get there.

I made a card (surprise, huh!!) that was inspired by a 6x6 Prima paper stack called Spaceboy. This card is a little different for me as it opens at the top. I have a mini clothespin holding it in the picture but I think I might trade it out for a mini silver binder clip. 

I don't know what happened with this picture, the background color is so pink! The real color is the other pictures:/

The card is a typical A2 size and the base the white layer. The front of the card is just the paper with a little added bling and a sentiment from the Just Because Cards cartridge. I used my Cri-Kits glitter pens to trace the stencil image and then cut around it.



When you open the card the sides go down and the rocket is blasting off. The rocket is cut from the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge at 4". The paper that is covering the front and back of the card is from the same Prima stack. The blue that the rocket is on is Recollections. 

I folded a piece of paper that was the same size as the base and folded each side in half (looks like a "W") and glued it in the center of the base. I debated trying to make it pop up or just do it this way. The pocket that was created could be used to tuck a gift card or some cash into.

I hope everyone enjoys all the projects this week, have a good one!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love that paper and the card design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is fabulous! I love, love the pop up rocket inside, I never would have seen this coming, and I really like the sparkle on the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Lynn!!! Love your papers and how you made this card. It's fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, just WOW!!!! Fantastic idea to make the rocket "blast off"! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome!! I love how the rocket blasts off when you open the card!! So creative and fabulous!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete