Monday, August 5, 2013

Make a Splash at Fantabulous Cricut



Happy Monday everybody! We've been having such fun at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog! We received some wonderful digis to work this week from our sponsor, The Paper Nest. They have some really adorable images available in either rubber or digital format, go check them out!!

The theme this week was Make a Splash so all of our images are water themed. This cute little guy is Sandcastle Owen who you can find here.


I haven't colored with my Promarkers for quite a while and it shows. I also got my first Copic and was playing with it on his face. Obviously need some more work there, too! I do enjoy coloring, and I really like digital stamps because you can size them to your project. The Paper Nest has some really cute digis! 

Since this is a Cricut challenge, I suppose I should tell you which cartridge I used ;-) The card itself is cut from the Life's a Beach cartridge. I cut it at 5 1/2" out of kraft card stock. The sea shell cuts out with the card so you can layer it. I sprayed it with some home made glimmer spray. I colored on the back of the shell with my Tim Holtz distress marker and let the color bleed through the front to add some dimension to the shell. The starfish is a brad from the Eyelet Outlet.

I hope everyone has a great week. Please visit our sponsor at www.the-papernest.com and join us by creating something "splashy"!

8 comments:

  1. I love your coloring, and the CAS-ness (!?) of the card itself-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. Love the seashell additions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love the addition of the sea shell and starfish!
    Scrappy hugs, Connie FCCB DT
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and fun! I think your coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is terrific! I love how you framed the image, and the seashell and starfish finish the card off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card, I really like your main image and the starfish you added!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable!! The image is so cute and you colored it beautifully!! What a fun card!! Happy Sunday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete