Saturday, January 8, 2011

Prairie Fairy DT Call




Prairie Fairy is having a design team call and I'm giving it a go. I'm still learning how to color with the Prismacolor pencils, just be aware it's far from perfect. The digi is supplied for the call so all of you digi lovers out there give it a go! (http://prairiefairy.blogspot.com)

Recipe:
Digi - Prairie Fairy
Prismacolor pencils
GCD Cloisonne patterned paper
Offray ribbon
Studio G stamp
Pink paper from my stash
Spellbinders nestabilities - Labels 4
MS ink
Eyelet was purchased at Michael's
Crop A Dile big bite
Fiskars corner punches
EK Success foam squares
I used a 4" x 5.5" card base that came in a package from Michael's The background paper was cut to fit. I printed the image on white cardstock (probably from Walmart) and colored it. I attempted to round all of the corners but one wouldn't work, so on to plan B. I used a different corner punch on the top 2 corners. I think it worked out for the best. I cut the pink piece 1/4" larger than the image, which was an odd size, so I just measured. The label underneath was cut with the same background paper. I inked the edges of the label in pink and stamped the sentiment in green then popped it up on a foam square. I put 2 pics up as I couldn't get the lighting adjusted to my liking.






4 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn, I made a mistake on my blog post. Apparently it goes live tomorrow. :)
    I love your bunny cards btw!!! Super cute Valentines! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Lynn! Have you tried using baby oil and blending stumps to blend the colored pencil? I makes it look like a watercolored image! It is fab!

    Thanks for trying out for the PF DT call!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww---these are so sweet. I love how you used the brads. Good luck on the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute.
    love the hot pink
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete