Monday, March 4, 2013

Bye Bye Birdie

Welcome...
to my first official post for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!! 
I'm very excited to be joining this wonderful group of really talented crafters.

The theme for this week is "Bye Bye Birdie". I used the Art Nouveau cartridge to cut this wonderful little hummingbird. 



This cartridge is great because it has suggested cutting sizes in it. In other words, cut it at least __ big to make sure everything cuts nicely (each cut is different). It suggested 3" for this cut, so I cut it slightly larger at 3  1/2".

I chose the background paper for this first, and then found some coordinating paper in the pad, and in my stash, to use for the bird and background pieces. The patterned paper I used is from the My Mind's Eye 6x6 pad, All Spice. The solid is all stash paper. 

The beige piece behind the circle was cut using a Spellbinders die. I cut it out and then cut it in half and spread it out behind the circle. The teal piece down the middle is from a Martha Stewart punch. I used my I-rock to adhere the heat fix gems to the top and bottom of the piece and the dot on the "i" on the sentiment. The sentiment is from K Andrew designs.

I hope you'll all join us for this fun challenge. I look forward to seeing all of your creativity!




10 comments:

  1. Very Beautiful card, love your bird and the colors are Fabulous !! Welcome to the FCCB DT, excited to see your future creations !!
    Brianna FCCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so lovely! I love the color combinations that you used! Just gorgeous!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Lynn! The colors are very nice and the Spellbinders die is very pretty behind your image. Hmm, now where have I seen that hummingbird before, lol! Great minds think alike they say!!!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cut, that bird looks really nice with your pattern paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that background paper. You did a great job matching a color to it for the bird! This card is awesome. I have not seen this cut before, it is beautiful! I look forward to getting to know you on the DT.

    Rebecca, Fantabulous Cricut DT
    I would love to have you visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors you chose and the way you created the mat behind the hummingbird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the colors! Looking forward to getting to know you as a DT teammate for FCCB!
    Ro
    rodonner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This bird is so beautiful! Love it! The colors are great as well as the layout! Great job! I'm excited to be on the DT with you!

    Emily (molliemugsblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous bird cut and fabulous layout! Congrats on your DT spot at FCCB!! A wonderful blog to be a part of:) Have fun!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete