Saturday, August 11, 2012

Scrap card

I had a bunch of scraps from cards I've been making and wanted to do something with them besides throw them out. I put a bunch of them together in a chevron pattern on a long piece of paper and cut a piece out with a spellbinder die. I wanted to use one of the K Andrew Designs sets I hadn't used much and this seemed like a good piece to use it on. The set has several stitching stamps, a needle and thread, a spool, some scissors, a thimble (others I don't remember), as well as several sentiments. The washi tape I just got went well with the stamps so I used some of it, too (ok, so it's not all scraps).

I pulled the blue from the Tahiti scrap and used it for the spool of thread. It may be a bit too bright for the rest of the piece it's on. I may throw a few more embellishments on it later, any suggestions? I have some scissors charms coming this week and that might be cute.

We (teachers) go back to school Monday. It doesn't feel like we've been off long at all. It's going to be a different year, lots of changes. Hopefully I will still have time to play with my paper:)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card! What a great idea of using your scraps! Ani
    P.S. We have a candy over at Card Mania Challenges, if you're interested...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is wonderful - I love how you have used the scraps and that sentiment is awesome. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete