Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Chip

     This card is part of my summer adventure into the world of Disney cards. I have decided not to buy any more craft stuff until I have used more of what I have. There are so many great things in my stash, I just need to use them!
     The challenge this week at Wobble Wednesdays is to use green and brown. (I think it's a little funny as those were the colors I used in last week's challenge.) Anyway...Chip seemed to be a good choice for that color scheme. He is cut from the Mickey and Friends cartridge at 4". It was a little tricky getting the size right. Usually the Cricut cuts by height, but didn't with this one.

The plaid paper is from a DCWV Christmas pack.  The rest is all stash paper. It is an easel card as you can see from the photo on the right. The stamp is from the K Andrew Designs "Even More Food for Thought" designer stamp set. Obviously this set works for more than just food! The background is embossed with a Cricut embossing folder. The vintage seam binding is from Wild Orchid Crafts and I used some Vintage Photo distress ink on it to make it match the rest of the card. The "chip" on the base of the card is Tim Holtz Grungeboard letters that were inked with the same ink. The pearl was colored with a Promarker. Last, but certainly not least, Chip is on an Action Wobble (see below)!
He turned out pretty cute. I will continue to work toward getting a few more Disney cards done before I have to start back to work.  I hope everyone has a happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn.This is soooo Cute!Super Cute!!!I know what you mean..I have not made a purchase at Michelas in months because I decided to use everything that I have..For my small pieces of scraps I ma using them to make flowers with my Flower shoppe cart....
    Migdalia
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little guy. You card turned out so cute and the Sentiment is perfect.

    Have a great day!
    Wobble, Wobble,
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete