Sunday, May 20, 2012

Quick Post - passing the FCAT

This is a quick post for a quick craft!  Students in Florida, like most other states, have to pass exams to graduate from high school.  Our current exam is the FCAT.  We are in the process of changing, but that's what the juniors and seniors have to pass.  Some of my students really struggle with this test and I made these for the students who passed the math portion when they took it this spring.  It's a huge relief for them and something worth a little attention.

These were cut from Plantin Schoolbook at 4".  I used kraft cardstock so they were stiff enough to use as a bookmark or something if they wanted.  I may put some twine through the hole, not sure yet.  I inked around them with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.  I used the same ink for the image and sentiment, both of which are from K Andrew designs.  One is the Hoot Owl Images (owl) set and the other is "Of Mice and Lil Men" (sentiment).  I wrote a short note of congratulations on the back.  There is gold glitter on the belly feathers just to add some sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment