Monday, April 30, 2012

Starts with "b"

This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash was to make something that starts with the letter "b".  You could use colors that start with b or things that start with b.  I used blue and brown as my primary colors and coffee beans for the b item.  I really need to learn how to take better pictures, there is quite a bit of texture on both of the solid pieces of paper in the background and behind the cup, and it doesn't really show in the picture.  The larger brown and the pinked blue piece are from DCWV.  They were in a card pack that I bought at Michael's sometime last year.  The small piece is a scrap of mulberry paper I've had for a long time.  The rest of the paper is Colorbok.


The stamps are from K Andrew Designs.  The sentiments are from the  Coffee and Tea for You & Me set and the cup and beans are from the Coffee Time image set.  I stamped the image onto the polka dot paper and again on the lighter brown.  I cut them both out and glued them together.  There is Glossy Accents on the lit of the cup to make it stand out a bit more.  I do love that her stamps are so interchangeable (and that she donates part of her profit to charities she has chosen doesn't hurt, either).   The pieces behind the cup were cut with the Cricut Lacy Labels cartridge.  It is the "celebrate" image and I cut it at 2 1/4" and 2 1/2".  It layered nicely.

 I actually put something inside this card, even though it's a little crooked.  I couldn't find my ATG gun (wondering if my daughter borrowed it??) and had to glue everything down with Scotch quick dry glue.  I really love that stuff!  The cup is on 2 foam circles I got at Tuesday Morning.  The package says "Adhesive", not very informative but maybe it is the name.

2 comments:

  1. Great card, love how you added the glossy accent to the lid! Thanks for joining us over at SOS this past week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card...love those beans! Thanks for joining in the "B" challenge at Shopping our Stash...

    ReplyDelete