Monday, April 30, 2012

Post-it pad

The challenge this week at Wobble Wednesday's was to do something for teacher appreciation.  My daughter just went through her first teaching job fair today, so I made this for her future job.  She may not get one right away (more budget cuts), but I know she'll have one eventually and she will be incredible!  The bases were cut from chipboard at 4" x 3 1/4", covered with MS paper, and punched with my Bind-it-all.  The apple was cut from the Making the grade Cricut cartridge at 3".  There are actually 4 cuts on this apple: the apple, the shadow, the outline and the smaller leaf which was cut at 2 3/4" so there was some red showing.  It is on an Action Wobble so it jiggles when you move the pad.  The BIA wire is 1/2" pink wire.  The two little dots on the side are EK Success plastic sparkly gem things (that has to be the official name:/).  The paper clips are from a huge pack from Walmart.  Teachers never have enough paper clips.  I have a pen that will fit through
the wire but didn't put it on as it was too long to fit in the picture nicely.  The sentiment is from K Andrew Designs new set, Of Mice and Lil Men.  I absolutely love this set (I know, I say that about all of her stamps)!! Living in Florida and having all things Disney around us, it's great to have a set that goes so well with that, and is versatile enough to use for things like this.  Kristal at Getting Cricky is having an action wobble giveaway on her blog, so if you want to win some go check it out.  If you would rather buy some to try, go here for a small pack to try.  They are fun to work with.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful cute project!! I'm sure your daughter will love it!! Just love the wobble action!! Thanks for joining us at Getting Cricky
    Cheers Jennie GC DTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute project! Love the colors and sentiment.
    Good job!
    Wobble, wobble,
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job!Love the wobble action!Super Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I totally LOVE this. The polka dots on the apple are BEAUTIFUL. I love this! Thanks for joining the Wobble Wednesday Challenge! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love it. I am trying to come up with teacher appreciation gifts for this week and this would be wonderful. I love it!!! Thanks for playing in the action wobble fun at Getting Cricky
    Heather
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking it into the DT call as well :)

      Delete