Sunday, April 8, 2012

Found Paper

The current challenge at A Day For Daisies is to use found paper, not paper from your stash.  I used some tissue paper that was in a Christmas gift.  I crumpled it more than it was and sprayed it with Art Co. glitter spray in gold and copper.  I heat set it so it would dry quickly.  It looks a little bit purple in person (less pink than the picture) so I backed the image with some purple vellum.  The flower was made from a scrap of the tissue as well.  To place the image, I twisted the tissue paper and taped the image to it.  The tissue flattened a little in the photography process, but it would in an envelope so I just left it.  I colored the image with Promarkers (blush, tan, ivory, sandstone, baby pink, lemon, ice grey 1).  The background was embossed with a Darice embossing folder (swirls I think).  I like the size of them, but it didn't leave quite as deep an emboss as some of the other folders I've used.  The sentiment is from the "Fashionable Friends" K Andrew designs stamp set.  The ink used for the sentiment and around the image is Distress Ink.

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! I love the look of the tissue paper!! The image is so sweet :) I hope you had a very blessed and happy Easter :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the tissue paper Lynn, especially with the fun colored spray. It makes a great background mat for your sweetly colored image. Thanks so much for playing along with the ADFD challenge!

    ReplyDelete