Saturday, April 30, 2011

Nifty Fifties


This card is for a challenge on the Flaunt It Fridays blog. The challenge was to use the car on page 24 of the Nifty Fifties cartridge. You had the option of using another car if you didn't own the cartridge, but I have that one so here it is.
The background paper is from the DCWV Naturals mat stack. There is some Offray ribbon on it behind the car. The car is cut at 1 1/2" (I cut the car once at 2 1/4" but it was WAY too big.) All of the layers were cut at the same size. I used some old metallic paper from my stash and it took 3 tries before I could get the Cricut set to cut it without ripping. It's pretty thin and kept catching in spots. I finally got it to work, yay!
The mats for the sentiment were cut with the Labels 1 Nestabilities. I embossed the green one but not the bronze, it just embossed on its own. I was afraid it would tear if I tried to actually emboss it. I used my pink ATG to adhere the larger pieces and used a Zig 2-way pen on the car. The car is popped up with foam pieces but it's a little hard to see in the picture.
Recipe:
5 1/4" x 4" card base from a Value Pack from Michaels
DCWV Natural mat stack. Bottom piece - 1 1/4"x 5", top piece - 2 1/2" x 5"
Offray ribbon
Nifty Fifties Cricut cartridge
Green cardstock - Walmart pack
Beige cardstock - Recollections
Sentiment - TCP Studios - from the graduation set

5 comments:

  1. I love your choice of colours. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the retro feel of this one! Great background paper! Thanks for flaunting it at FIF!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your car looks so cool!! I love that color combo and great sentiment to go with the car! Thanks for flaunting it at Flaunt It Friday's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome job on your card!! It is so retro...lovein it! Good luck in the challenge!!
    Would love for you to stop over at my blog. I have a giveaway going on right now until this evening. Stop over and check it out! I have enjoyed your blog, super cute and you do great work!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking card! Love your choice of papers and colors! Thanks for flaunting it at Flaunt It Fridays!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete