Wednesday, January 5, 2011

MPS challenge


Robyn is having a design team call and I'm entering. It's also a birthday card for a friend. After several unsuccessful attempts to make the cat on the Nifty Fifties card I had to switch gears so it's not what I had intended. (I had a new mat, almost new blade and the whiskers ripped off of the cat all 5 times I cut it out. I adjusted everything I could to no avail. Just a warning for those of you who may be attempting this cut.) Robyn and Karlee did a 30 minute card challenge on a live show one evening and this ended up being a little like that. It took a little over 30 minutes, but not much.


The tree is from the Pagoda cartridge and was cut at 3.5". The card base was from a value pack of cards from Michael's. The pink and green papers are from the botanicals pack by The Paper Company, the light brown is Recollections kraft paper and the dark brown is a piece from my stash that's been around several years. The pink paper was cut at 4" x 5.5" and the light brown at 1.5" x 5.5". Both of those pieces were embossed with Cuttlebug folders. The ribbon was purchased in a pack from Big Lots. The dragonfly was punched with a Fiskars mini punch. The sentiment was cut from a Spellbinders labels four die (the third smallest) and stamped with a stamp I got as a gift. The ink is Martha Stewart. I did put some perfect pearls (pearl color) on the tree because the card looked a little dull without it. I used my ATG gun for the background pieces and sentiment, EK Success foam pieces behind the tree, and Scotch quick dry adhesive to attach the dragonfly.


I know it's not a "cute" card, but it fits the recipients personality and, after all, that's the point of making a card for someone.

3 comments:

  1. I think it is very elegant. I always try to make cards that are representative of the recipiant too.
    Good luck on the design team.
    TFS,
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I love the way you combined the two kinds of embossing to create a sort of scene. I got this cart recently and this is so inspiring me to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty!!! Good luck!!! -Sam :-)

    p.s. I'm a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete