Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cardz TV cupcake challenge


This card is for the Cupcake challenge at Cardz TV (http://cardztv.blogspot.com/). I love Mary's videos!! Anyway.....back to the card.
The patterned paper is all K and Co. The glitter paper is DCWV. The white (and I'm pretty sure the brown from the cupcake) is Recollections. The yellow and red are scraps. I used stickles on the cherry and it wasn't quite dry when I took the picture. I wish I had more time to do this:-( The ribbon is Mary Engelbreit. The white in the back is a piece cut at 5 1/2" x 2". I embossed it with a cuttlebug folder and then punched it with a MS edge punch. (Should have probably done it the other way around, but it worked out ok.) It's the bubbles edge punch. The cupcake was cut at 2 1/2" from the Create a Critter cartridge. It's on the card with an Action Wobble so it jiggles when you move the card. Those things are so much fun!! The little yellow dots are from Recollections. I stamped the sentiment on white paper with MS red ink. I punched it out and backed it with a yellow piece that I had embossed. I inked it with white ink to try and make it a little "sunnier" looking. (I think I need new white ink.) Have a great week!!

6 comments:

  1. Lynn, really cute card. I'm a new follower. Please follow me also if you'd like: http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute card, Lynn! Thanks for playing along with the challenge at Cardz TV!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute card.
    I am a new follower.
    rachelle-rachellesplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cupcake & I love the way you combined the embossing with the MS edge punch. Thank you for stopping by my blog & becoming a follower. I'm following you now too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed you're in FL. I'm a Florida girl too (but live in SC now.) Originally from the panhandle & still have pretty much all our families (both hubby's & mine) are still there. Where are you?

    ReplyDelete